GREENVILLE, S.C. (WSPA) – The Alzheimer’s Association will continue to hold their Walk to End Alzheimer’s events this Fall, but things will look a little bit different due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
To avoid large crowds, the Walk to End Alzheimer’s will be held virtually this year. This will allow team members to raise funds and walk anywhere they like.
Opening ceremony events will be available online to kickoff the interactive event.
The local walks will take place on:
On the day of the event, Promise Gardens will be set up with flowers in significant colors. Those colors include:
- Blue – for those living with Alzheimer’s or dementia
- Purple – for those who have lost someone with the disease
- Yellow – for caregivers
- Orange – for advocates
The Promise Gardens will be set up to allow for drive-through viewing from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. on the day of the event.
- Anderson – The Promise Garden in Anderson will be at the Chick-fil-A at 3526 Clemson Blvd in Anderson.
- Greenville – Greenville Convention Center entrance, located at 1 Exposition Drive
- Spartanburg – Barnet Park, located at 248 E St John Street