Asheville Pulbic Works announced Saturday morning that several Biltmore Village streets have been re-opened.
The Swannanoa River was predicted to crest at 8 p.m. Friday, which caused the City to issue an alert advising people in the Biltmore Village area to seek higher ground.
Many streets in the village, including a portion of Hendersonville Road, were closed because of flooding.
Crews worked overnight to clean debris from streets so that they could re-open streets.
According to Asheville Public Works, the following streets have been re-open:
- Brook Street
- Sweeten Creek (U.S. 25A)
- Thompson Street
- Hendersonville Road
- Swan Street
- All Souls Crescent
- Biltmore Plaza
- Azalea Road
- Caribou Road
- Swannanoa River Road
Here is a list of current road closings:
- Amboy Road
- Inglewood Road at Elk Mountain Scenic Highway
- Two sections of Kimberly Avenue are closed, due to downed powerlines. This includes an area next to Jones Elementary School and another at Country Club Road.
- 102 Old Toll Road on Town Mountain is closed due to a landslide.
- Riverside Drive at the train trestle bridge
- Blue Briar Road is closed due to a landslide.
- Vance Gap, section at the top has washed out
For the latest updates, check the City of Asheville‘s website.