LAURENS Co., S.C. (WSPA) -- Funeral services have been announced for a slain toddler in Laurens County.
Brantley Smith’s lifeless body was found Saturday at a Clinton home.
Deputies said the 2-year-old was “brutally” sexually molested and beaten. His mother Jessica Blake Smith and her boyfriend, William Ryan Looper, are jailed on charges in his slaying.
A celebration of Brantley’s life will be held at Rabun Creek Baptist Church, according to an obituary.
The service starts at 1 p.m. Friday. Burial will follow at Gray Court City Cemetery.
“He loved digging in the dirt, worms, frogs and dogs,” the obituary reads.
Family asks that memorials be made to The Julie Valentine Center in Greenville or a charity that serves abused children.
Brantley died of multiple blunt force trauma, according to the deputy coroner.
Looper and Smith remain in the Laurens County jail.
Deputies say Looper has been charged with murder and first-degree criminal sexual conduct. Smith is charged with homicide by child abuse. Both are charged with two counts each of unlawful conduct toward a child.
PREVIOUS COVERAGE: Child found dead was beaten, molested in Laurens Co.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Restaurant damaged by fire in Greenville
- Troopers investigating deadly crash in Greenwood County
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park reopens months after eruption
- South Carolina notches 10th straight win over Vandy 37-14