UPDATE: Clemson officials report that power has been restored to campus, and said the university will resume usual operations on Tuesday.
CLEMSON, S.C. (WSPA) — A power outage has closed classes and offices at Clemson University.
The university announced in a tweet Monday that classes and offices are closed until 12:15 p.m. Monday, April 23.
University officials say several power poles are down on the Duke Energy transmission lines leading into Clemson’s main campus substation, leaving Clemson’s main campus without power.
Duke Energy also reports several outages across the area as of 9 a.m. Monday:
- Anderson County: 134 customers
- Greenville County: 91 customers
- Spartanburg County: 63 customers
- Buncombe County: 202 customers
- Henderson County: 180 customers
- Jackson County: 80 customers
Power is expected to be restored by 12:45 p.m.