Man dies in Anderson Co. house fire

Fire generic 1

ANDERSON COUNTY, S.C. (WSPA) – Anderson County fire crews responded Friday afternoon to a fatal house fire in the county.

According to the Anderson County Coroner’s Office, crews responded at about 4:37 p.m. to the 3000 block of Airline Road.

When crews arrived on scene, they found flames were coming through the roof and left side of the house.

Firefighters found Mark Steven Lowe, 56, inside of the home once the flames were extinguished, according to the coroner’s office.

The coroner’s office said the cause of the fire appeared to be the result of Lowe smoking in bed while using oxygen.

Lowe died of smoke inhalation and severe thermal injuries.

Lowe was the only person home at the time of the fire.

The coroner’s office, the Anderson County Fire Department and Medshore EMS responded to the scene.

Crews will continue to investigate.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

High School Standouts
Ask the Expert
Basketball Challenge Bracket Contest
Find A Job
wspa news app free for download choose your store below
download the wspa news app from the apple app store
download the wspa news app from the google play store