Crews put out cooking fire at a home in Chesnee; no injuries reported

News
image_uploaded_from_ios_1524619823889.jpg

SPARTANBURG COUNTY, SC (WSPA) –  Firefighters responded to an accidental cooking fire at a home in the 200 block of Rhode Island Circle in Chesnee. 

Chesnee Community Fire Department Assistant Chief Terry Jennings said the call came in around 7:40 p.m. Tuesday. When they arrived on scene, firefighters saw fire and smoke coming from the home.

Crews were able to put out the fire in 10 minutes.

Jennings said the kitchen and appliances were damaged. 

No injuries were reported.

Smoke detectors inside the home were working.

Mayo, Cooley Springs and Mountain View fire departments assisted with the fire.

The Red Cross says it’s helping one adult and two children who lived in the home. 

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Graduate Gallery
Livin Upstate Deals
Carolina Eats Contest
Adopt A Thon
wspa news app free for download choose your store below
download the wspa news app from the apple app store
download the wspa news app from the google play store

Trending Stories