2 taken to hospital after fire in Cherokee Co.

News

(Cherokee Creek Fire Department Facebook)

CHEROKEE COUNTY, S.C. (WSPA) – Two people have been taken to a hospital after a structure fire in Cherokee Co. on Sunday night.

Cherokee Creek, Chesnee Community Fire and Macedonia Fire Departments all responded to the scene on Park Gate Rd. at about 7 p.m., fire crews say.

Cherokee Creek fire officials say one occupant was immobile and confined to a bed and was pulled to safety by the other occupant.

The victims were found in the yard suffering from burns and possible inhalation injuries.

They were taken to local hospitals and are expected to survive their injuries.

Crews say the cause of the fire was accidental, but there were no working smoke alarms in the home.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Livin Upstate Deals
Engagement and Wedding Announcements
Remarkable Women
Things To Do
wspa news app free for download choose your store below
download the wspa news app from the apple app store
download the wspa news app from the google play store