SOCASTEE, SC (WBTW) - Horry County Police arrested and charged four men with murder after two bodies were found inside a burned vehicle in the Socastee area Friday morning.
Michael Faile, 37, David Cook, 44, William Tatum, 37 and Zachary Stell were all charged with two counts of murder. Stell is also charged with one count of arson. Cook and Tatum also face arson and drug charges.
Several other people have pending drug charges based on evidence found in the investigation. Charges will be updated as new warrants are obtained.
According to Capt. John Harrelson, HCPD is working with the coroner's office and MUSC to identify the bodies. The victims' names will be released once family is notified.
The investigation began around 7 a.m. Friday morning after a torched vehicle was discovered on Butler Road, just off Enterprise Road in Socastee, south of Myrtle Beach.
Two victims were discovered inside the burned vehicle, Capt. Harrelson confirms.
The autopsies were completed on Saturday afternoon, showing both victims were male. The autopsies did not provide any other details that could be used to identify the victims. Anthropology and Odontology exams are being scheduled for the coming weeks.
The manner of death is homicide in both cases. Cause of Death is being withheld for now as this is an active investigation, police say.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- 5 shot during remembrance ceremony in Greenwood
- ‘Queen of Soul' Aretha Franklin dies at 76
- More than 200k fish killed in Spartanburg Co. lake
- Write-in candidate ousts incumbent, others head to run-off