EFFINGHAM, SC (WBTW) – A Florence County man has been charged and is accused of trying to pay a 10-year-old for sex.
Jimmy McKnight, 61, of Sellers Road in Effingham, was arrested by Florence County Sheriff’s Office investigators on Wednesday, according to FCSO Major Michael Nunn. McKnight is accused of soliciting a 10-year-old to have sex with him for money “on or about July 14, 2019.”
McKnight was booked into the Florence County Detention Center around 9:10 a.m. Wednesday, according to booking records. He is charged with one count of criminal solicitation of a minor.
McKnight was released on Thursday on a $10,000 surety bond, Major Nunn said.
- District: Berea HS athletic director & coach resigns, audit underway
- 1 lane of I-26 WB blocked following vehicle fire near Exit 38
- Loughlin, 10 other parents charged anew in college scandal
- Man gets 25 years after pleading guilty to possession with intent to distribute heroin
- Make Plans To See The Wiz Jr.