GREENVILLE COUNTY, S.C. (WSPA) – A man has been charged in connection to a crash that killed Greenville County Sergeant Conley Jumper on Tuesday.
Sgt. Jumper died Tuesday following a crash along Interstate 85 after a fight during a traffic stop.
SLED said two suspects are in custody following the crash, Tornell Laureano and Ray Kelly.
Ray Kelly has been booked into the Greenville County Detention Center.
According to jail records, he has been charged with the following:
- Driving too close to vehicle in front
- No drivers license
- False information to police
- Trafficking meth and cocaine
- Possession of weapon during a violent crime
- Resisting arrest with assault/ injury (2)
- Assault and Battery high and aggravated
- Resisting arrest with deadly weapon
Laureano was booked into the Greenville County Detention Center on a drug trafficking charge.
A memorial in honor of Sgt. Jumper has been set up outside the Greenville County Law Enforcement Center. The funeral will be Friday, October 23 at 9 a.m. at the Bon Secours Wellness Arena in Greenville.