PEMBROKE, N.C. (WBTW) – Two arrests have been made in Pembroke in connection with a murder that happened in Georgia.
The Robeson County Sheriff’s Office says Cody Rienks, 27, and Kelly Hill, 36, were arrested Tuesday at a house on Tracy Sampson Road in Pembroke. Deputies and the US Marshals Service Carolinas Fugitive Task Force helped to make the arrests.
Rienks is a former resident of Lumberton. He and Hill are each charged with being a fugitive of justice and are being held in the Robeson County Detention Center without bond.
The charges are in relation to a homicide that happened in Waycross, Georgia on April 22. Deputies say the pair fled to Robeson County in the victim’s vehicle after the killing. The victim’s vehicle was also located and seized at the time of the arrests.
The homicide is being investigated by the Ware County Sheriff’s Office. The pair will be extradited back to Georgia.
- DHEC announces 831 new coronavirus cases, 36 deaths in SC
- $1,200 direct payments: Americans blame both parties for stimulus check stalemate
- ‘Family is devastated’: Luggage containing woman’s ashes stolen from Cleveland airport
- Scary good resale value: Sold-out 12′ Home Depot skeleton is reselling for more than $1,500
- Judge orders 11-year-old boy behind bars to await trial for allegedly killing 6-year-old neighbor