Dale Earnhardt Jr., also known as number 88 in the NASCAR world, is now all the talk in the world of social media and its because of his taste in sandwiches.
On Tuesday, Jr. tweeted a picture of his lunch; a banana and mayo sandwich. Keep in mind, one of Dale’s sponsors is Hellmann’s mayo, but that doesn’t take away from the fact that it really is his favorite sandwich and now the internet is reacting to the combo.
The recipe for the southern-inspired sandwich was posted on Dale’s website.
The Official Dale Jr. Hellmann’s Mayo and Banana Sandwich Recipe:Prep Time: 2 minutes
– One loaf of white bread
– One jar of Hellmann’s Real Mayonnaise
– One bunch of bananasDirections:
1. Start with two slices of bread.
2. Spread a generous portion of Hellmann’s Mayo onto two slices of bread.
3. Peel bananas and cut in half, length wise.
4. Lay banana slices on bread (tip: DEJ prefers three slices), topping with the other slice of bread.
Some people agreed with Dale on his choice in sandwiches.
They even pointed out it is a popular sandwich for those who live in the south.
Dale’s love of banana and mayo sandwiches didn’t just evolve recently. He’s loved it since 2014 when he tweeted his favorite use for mayo with the hashtag don’t knock it.
But of course, others took to twitter in pure confusion and couldn’t help but knock the odd combo.