Electrical issue prompts evacuations at Asheville apartment complex, firefighters say

News
Fire generic 1

ASHEVILLE, N.C. (WSPA) – Units of an Asheville apartment were evacuated after a reported fire.

It happened Wednesday morning at Kenilworth Inn apartments on Caledonia Road.

A spokesperson with Asheville Fire Department says firefighters did not find an active fire when they arrived on scene. They did find smoke.

7News is told it was caused by electrical issues in the elevator room. Some units were evacuated to ventilate the smoke. Around 8:30 a.m., residents were being allowed back into their apartments and firefighters were clearing the scene.

There were no reported injuries. 

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Mascot Challenge
High School RedZone
Star of the Week
Black and Blue Kickoff Live
Pro Football Challenge
Destination Vacation
Find A Job
Greenville Triumph Game
wspa news app free for download choose your store below
download the wspa news app from the apple app store
download the wspa news app from the google play store

Trending Stories