JACKSON Co., NC (WSPA) – The Sapphire Valley Country Club was destroyed by an explosion and fire over night.

Blue Ridge Public Safety, a security guard service, said the fire started around 11 p.m. Monday.

They say an officer arrived just before the explosion.

He was getting out of his vehicle and was pushed back inside the vehicle by the explosion that was reportedly felt by people as far as 10 miles away.

Two firefighters were knocked to the ground by the force of the blast, according to The Sylva Herald.

The newspaper reports the fire was caused by propane tank explosion.

Firefighters from the local community, as well as Macon County and South Carolina helped battle the blaze.

A boil water advisory has been issued for the area, according to the fire department.

There were no reported injuries.

Credit Blue Ridge Public Safety