SPARTANBURG Co., S.C. (WSPA) — A fire chief says a family, including three children, are out of a home after a cooking fire in Spartanburg County.
North Spartanburg Fire Department responded to the house fire on Sunday night.
It happened on Israel Drive off Gibbs Road.
No one was hurt in the fire.
North Spartanburg Assistant Fire Chief Brent Lewis said the fire displaced two adults and three children.
The fire was caused by unattended cooking, Chief Lewis said.
It was ruled accidental.
The American Red Cross said in a news release that volunteers are helping the family with financial assistance for food, clothes, lodging and other essentials.
The Red Cross said 50 people’s homes were damaged or destroyed in Upstate fires over the weekend. Of that total, 27 live in Spartanburg County.