Family turns in escaped boy, 13, suspected in NC double murder

News

LUMBERTON, N.C. (AP) – A 13-year-old suspect in a double homicide who escaped custody has been returned to authorities.

News outlets report the teen’s mother, Nikki Jacobs, turned him over to U.S. Marshals in Lumberton on Wednesday night. The teen escaped from Juvenile Court around noon Tuesday.

WRAL-TV reports Jacobs says her son spent Tuesday and Wednesday at his grandmother’s old house, which is abandoned. He then found a bike and rode it to his uncle’s home.

The teen’s uncle, Wayne Lambert, says he allowed the boy to shower and eat before calling authorities.

The teen and a 19-year-old Derrick Deshawn Hunt are charged with two counts of first-degree murder in the killings of two brothers found dead inside a home last month.

Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Win HVAC
Things to Do
Color Your Weather
Pro Football Challenge
wspa news app free for download choose your store below
download the wspa news app from the apple app store
download the wspa news app from the google play store