ROCKY MOUNT, N.C. (WNCN) – An 8-year-old boy in Rocky Mount, North Carolina was accidentally shot by his father Wednesday night, police said.
Officers responded to the report of an accidental shooting along the 600 block of Avondale Avenue around 10:15 p.m. Wednesday. They learned the boy had a single gunshot wound to his abdomen, a news release said.
“The shooting appears to be an accidental discharge by the father,” the release said.
The boy was taken to Vidant Hospital in Greenville for treatment.
The investigation is ongoing, police said. Anyone with information is asked to call the police department at 252-972-1411.
- Upstate organizations issue final push to encourage you to complete census.
- Study finds Georgia residents lose more than $4M in COVID-19 fraud
- Women in the Upstate use cultural traditions to honor Breonna Taylor
- Kurt Busch ends 0-for-21 skid to finally win at home track
- Organizer arrested after driving car into California protest