Fire at Standard Textile in Union Co.

News
Standard Textile pipe_1540423511790.jpg.jpg

 Emergency crews responded to a fire Wednesday evening at Standard Textile in Union County. 

According to Bonham Fire Chief Scott Austin, a machine’s exhaust vent caught on fire and burned a hole through an exhaust pipe. The fire was caused by heat from the machine.

Austin said they were made aware of the fire at about 5:50 p.m. 

They were able to put the fire out relatively quickly and there was only minor damage, Austin said.  

The building was evacuated when crews arrived on scene and no one was injured, according to Austin. Employees have been allowed to reenter the building. 

The building is located at 100 Highpoint Dr. in Union. 

According to Austin, the plant makes bath and hand towels for hotels. 

The City of Union, Monarch Fire Department, Jonesville Fire Department, Buffalo Fire Department, Philippi Fire Department and Bonham Fire Department all responded to the scene. 

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Win Clemson Tickets
Things to Do
Color Your Weather
Pro Football Challenge
wspa news app free for download choose your store below
download the wspa news app from the apple app store
download the wspa news app from the google play store