SPARTANBURG, SC (WSPA) – Fire crews responded to Westgate Mall following a report of smoke inside one business.
Dispatch said the call came in around 9:20 p.m. Thursday. Smoke was reported in the Sears store.
Spartanburg City Fire Department and several surrounding fire departments responded to the mall.
Spartanburg Fire Marshal Brad Hall said crews saw a light haze and noticed an odor near an office area.
Maintenance workers shut off breakers and firefighters searched, but didn’t find the cause.
Hall said it’s possible an outlet in the wall could have overheated and started smoking.