Fire damages roof of Pizza House in Chesnee

News

CHESNEE, S.C. (WSPA) – No one was hurt when a pizza restaurant in Chesnee caught fire with dozens of people inside.

Chesnee Fire Deputy Chief Todd Mason said the fire started around 6:35 p.m. Monday at Pizza House on South Alabama Avenue.

About 20 customers and 12 employees were inside at the time of the fire. Everyone was able to safely leave the restaurant.

Teresa Jolley, assistant manager at Pizza House, said they were lucky to have one of the fire chiefs dining there.

β€œThe Lord was with us,” Jolley added.Β Β 

The damage was contained to the roof, but the inside of the restaurant was damaged by water, Mason said.

Mason said the electrical fire started on the roof near the signage.

South Alabama Avenue was shut down in both directions while fire crews were on scene.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Home for the Holidays
Nominate A Remarkable Woman
Color Your Weather
Pro Football Challenge
wspa news app free for download choose your store below
download the wspa news app from the apple app store
download the wspa news app from the google play store