ANDERSON, SC (WSPA) A house in Anderson is a total loss after an early morning fire on Thursday, but no one was home at the time.
Five fire departments were called to the scene in the 100 block of Hamilton Drive around 7:30 a.m. The Hopewell Fire Chief says a neighbor driving to work saw the home was burning and called 911.
Crews were able to put the flames and smoke out, but the home is a total loss. The chief says the family who lives there was on vacation.
Five fire departments sent crews to the home because of the very warm temperatures Thursday morning. The Hopewell Chief wanted to be able to rotate firefighters to keep them from becoming overheated.
Three people lived in the home and the American Red Cross is assisting them.
Some reporting by Doug Urich