SIMPSONVILLE, S.C. (WSPA) – South Greenville Fire Department officials said a home was destroyed following a fire Wednesday night in Simpsonville.
South Greenville Fire Department officials confirmed just after 10:30 p.m. firefighters were on scene battling the fire on Owl Court, located off of Standing Springs Road in the River Ridge Subdivision.
Officials said no injuries were reported.
Fire Chief Ken Taylor said the cause of the fire was still under investigation, but said firefighters were told by the owners that the fire started outside.
Taylor said it appears that the fire started on the second floor before the roof collapsed.
An adult in the home at the time of the fire reportedly tried to put the fire out before reaching out for help.
Taylor said a lot of fireworks were inside the home during the fire and the fireworks were exploding when firefighters arrived on-scene.
The fire is being assisted by the American Red Cross.