ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – A St. Petersburg woman is accused of allowing her two dogs to kill a duckling while the ducklings’ mother attempted to stop it.
According to witnesses, Bonnie Nave, 59, kicked the mother duck several times to allow her dogs to attack the duckling.
According to an arrest affidavit, Nave did not deny the attack but told deputies the ducks attacked her dog. The affidavit stated that Nave thought the ducks were an invasive species.
Nave was booked into jail and later released on $5,000 bond.
- Memorial Day BBQ helping local volunteer fire department get needed equipment to keep firefighters safe
- Rutherford Co. Courthouse to close for cleaning after confirmed COVID-19 case; to reopen June 1
- Local activists, family of missing child Leonna Wright celebrate 6th birthday, still seeking closure
- Greenville man plays ‘Taps’ in driveway to honor fallen soldiers
- Family, friends want justice after 2 killed at party in Union Co.