OCALA, Fla. (WSPA) -- She’s accused of killing a mother and injuring her teenage daughter in a drunk driving crash. But the suspect doesn’t appear to have a care in the world.
Angenette Marie Welk is all smiles in her mugshot.
WKMG reports the Florida woman could be charged with DUI manslaughter. She’s already charged with other crimes in the deadly crash.
The Florida Highway Patrol says Welk was driving drunk and failed to brake in time - hitting vehicles stopped in front of her.
Welk reportedly rear-ended a car with such force that it crashed into a tractor trailer in front of it.
WKMG reports the 18-year-old driver of the car suffered minor injuries, while her mother, 60-year-old Sandra Clarkston, died days later from her injuries.
The truck driver wasn’t hurt.
Clarkston's family tells WKMG they are devastated.
Shiyanne Kroll was driving the car that Welk hit. She and her sister, Keonna Sciacca, are appalled by the mugshot.
"That disgusts me and that means she has no remorse for what she did at all and I hope that judge sees that picture and says the same thing," Kroll said.
A GoFundMe page has been set up to help pay for Clarkston's funeral expenses.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Suspect runs from 'haunted ambulance' says Union Co. report
- Escaped inmate captured in Pickens Co.
- Supreme Court rules for states in online sales tax case
- Could internet star April the giraffe be pregnant again?