NORTH MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WBTW) – An 11-year-old girl visiting North Myrtle Beach said a man in a black van grabbed her arm and tried to kidnap her, according to a police report.
The girl had been walking with a 12-year-old boy from their vacation home on Poinsett Street. They noticed the van once, the report said, and they hid behind a house. When they saw the van again, they panicked and ran.
The girl told police the man in the van grabbed her arm as she was running, but she broke free and ran to the lobby of a hotel.
Police said surveillance video showed a black van on the same street and it also showed someone running in the background.
The children weren’t able to provide much of a description of the alleged attacker.
The report described the van as a Nissan model, completely black in color, with a large chrome grill and black tinted windows. An unidentified person in the report believed the license plate looked like it was from North Carolina, but they weren’t sure.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Multiple vehicles catch on fire in Carowinds parking lot
- Chipotle testing six new menu items at NYC test kitchen
- From boat makers to farmers, US-led tariff war inflicts pain
- Storms cause downed trees, power lines throughout Upstate
- Spokesman: Lawmaker who defeated U.S. Rep. Mark Sanford in his re-election bid seriously injured in
- Chaos on the border inflames GOP's split with Latinos
- Some House candidates in redrawn district don't live there
- Spanish authorities rescue 569 migrants crossing the Mediterranean from North Africa to Spain by boa