GREENVILLE COUNTY, SC (WSPA) - The Greenville County Coroner's Office confirmed the cause of death of two people who were found dead in a townhome in Greer on Wednesday.
According to coroner's office news release, Angela Giacometti, 42, of Greer, died from a gunshot wound to the head and her death was ruled a homicide.
The other shooting victim, Adam Nelson Ratje, 32, also of Greer, died from a gunshot wound to the head and his death was ruled a suicide.
We reported on Wednesday that Greer Police Department officers responded to a home on Spring Crossing Circle in Greer around 5:10 a.m. in reference to a disturbance.
The crisis team tried to contact the people inside, but after two hours of trying to make contact, the ERT team entered the home and found Giacometti and Ratje dead.
The coroner's office and Greer Police are still investigating this incident.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- SC hospitals and veterinary offices see uptick in snake bites
- Time running out on $10K Mega Millions ticket sold in Gaffney
- Coroner responding to crash on I-85 in Anderson Co.
- Pres. Trump to visit Carolinas on Wednesday
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- West Nile Virus found in bird in Gaffney
- Man accused of threatening reporters indicted by grand jury
- The Latest: Utility donates $10M to gas fires relief fund
- The Latest: Van Dyke's partner testifies at murder trial