SPARTANBURG, SC (WSPA) – A Spartanburg home was destroyed by fire on Wednesday night.
Crews with several departments responded to the fire near the corner of Prospect and Caulder Avenue.
One person was treated for a minor injury at the scene.
Spartanburg City Fire Department was assisted by Hilltop, Southport, Drayton, and Roebuck fire departments.
The fire started from a fireplace and has been ruled accidental.
The house is considered a total loss.
The Red Cross says it’s helping five adults who lived there with assistance for food, clothes, lodging and other essentials.