More than 2,000 Duke Energy customers in the Greenville area were in the dark Monday morning.
According to Duke Energy’s Power Outage Map, electricity has been restored for most customers and it should be around 1 this afternoon for others.
To report an outage:
Duke Energy: 1-800-POWER-ON
Greer CPW: 864-848-5500
Laurens Electric: 1-866-9-RESTORE
Blue Ridge Electric: 1-888-BLUE-RIDGE
Broad River Electric: 864-489-5738French Broad Electric:
Madison Co.: 828-649-2051
Mitchell Co.: 828-688-4815
Yancey Co.: 828-682-6121To check the affected areas, click here for the power outage map.Duke Energy Safety Reminders:
- Duke Energy encourages customers to prepare by checking their supply of flashlights, batteries, bottled water, non-perishable foods, medicines, etc. Also, ensure a portable, battery operated radio, TV or NOAA radio is on hand.
- Families who have special medical needs or elderly members should closely monitor weather forecasts and make plans for potential alternate arrangements should an extended outage occur.
- Stay away from power lines that have fallen or are sagging. Consider all lines energized as well as trees or limbs in contact with lines. Please report downed power lines to Duke Energy and your local police department. If a power line falls across a car that you’re in, stay in the car. If you MUST get out of the car due to a fire or other immediate life-threatening situation, do your best to jump clear of the car and land on both feet. Be sure that no part of your body is touching the car when your feet touch the ground.
Reporting Outages To Duke Energy
Customers who experience an outage during the storm should call the automated outage-reporting systems for their respective utility:
- Duke Energy Carolinas (Upstate SC): 800.POWERON (1-800-769-3766)
- Duke Energy Progress (Asheville area): 800.419.6356
- Customers may also report an outage or view current outages using our online outage map. http://www.duke-energy.com/news/outage-information.asp
- Customers who report an outage can choose to receive updates via text messaging until their outage is restored.