TAMPA, Fla. (CNN) – KFC has avoided the chicken sandwich war currently going on between Popeyes and Chick-fil-A, but it’s latest menu item could be a rival.
KFC will debut the mac and cheese bowl featuring fried popcorn chicken.
The loaded bowls will be added to the chain’s $5 fill-up menu Aug. 26.
For those who live on the wild side, there’s a Nashville hot chicken version as well.
While mac and cheese is nothing new for KFC, this version comes just weeks after Chick-fil-A added its own version of the popular side to menus.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- 1,908 new cases of COVID-19 reported in NC
- Morikawa clutch in finish and playoff to win Workday Open
- South Africa returns to ban on alcohol sales as virus surges
- Boy, 12, arrested after Palace player Zaha gets racist posts
- Trump, Biden try to outdo each other on tough talk on China