ASHEVILLE, N.C. (WSPA) – Asheville Fire Department officials said crews responded Tuesday to a gas leak on Market Street.
Firefighters said crews responded to the 17 block of Market Street. Crew located the source of the leak in Langren Alley between Broadway Street and Market Street.
Businesses in the surrounding area were evacuated as a precaution, according to the fire department.
Fire crews were able to locate the leak. They said it was a 3/4″ service cut by a contactor.
Crews were able to clamp the gas line.
No injuries have been reported.