UPDATE: The boil water advisory has been repealed as of 9:30pm Monday.
Spartanburg Water System said maintenance activities were completed and that the water is safe to drink.
SPARTANBURG, S.C. (WSPA) – A boil order has been issued for parts of Spartanburg until further notice, Spartanburg Water System said on Sunday.
A boil order is in effect immediately for Spartanburg Water customers on the following streets:
- New Cut Rd. from Fairforest Rd. to Mitchell Rd.
- Mt. Zion Rd. from New Cut Rd. to Campground Rd. and Green Rd.
- Mitchell Rd. from Mt. Zion Rd. to Settle Rd.
- John Dodd Rd. from I-26 to Jordan Creek Farm Rd. and Russell Rd.
- Jordan Creek Rd. from John Dodd Rd. to Gibbs Rd.
- Campground Rd. from New Cut Rd. to Mt. Zion Rd.
A release from Spartanburg Water emphasized a contamination has not been confirmed, but are using precautionary measures until test results are received.
While the advisory is in effect until further notice, it is anticipated to remain for between 24 and 48 hours.