GREENVILLE COUNTY, S.C. (WSPA) – On Monday morning, the search for a missing Greenville County woman came to a close as deputies said her body was located in North Carolina.

According to the Greenville County Sheriff’s Office, Suttles was reported missing and endangered on August 27, 2021.

Based on video surveillance from the day Suttles went missing, investigators discovered that a man, identified as Daniel Printz, had his Chevy Cruze parked next to Suttles’ Jeep in the parking lot of a Food Lion in Travelers Rest.

When Printz walked out of the Food Lion, he walked by Suttles’ Jeep, grabbed a bag from his car and went back and got into the front passenger seat of her vehicle.

The two drove off, eventually returning to the parking lot.

When they returned, Printz was driving. He got out and got into his Chevy, then parked it next to Suttles’ Jeep. He then assisted her into his car.

Printz left her in his car, drove Suttles’ Jeep to Best Western’s parking lot and wiped down her vehicle before walking back to his Chevy. According to a federal affidavit, Printz drove off with an apparently motionless Suttles.

The Greenville County Sheriff’s Office identified Printz after he purchased a yogurt in Food Lion and scanned his frequent shopper card. GCSO obtained an arrest warrant for Grand Larceny based on the video surveillance.

Printz was arrested on Sept. 9, 2021, at his home. During the execution of the arrest warrant, an N.C. state search was executed. Multiple firearms led to charging him with several state firearm violations. Investigators also discovered a North Carolina license and passport belonging to Nancy Rego, of Charlotte.

Upon further investigation into Rego’s history, officials discovered she had been missing since 2017.

Three interviews were conducted with Printz post-arrest. During the first two, Sept. 9 and Sept. 16, he was read his Miranda rights. In his first two interviews, he admitted to traveling with Suttles but claimed he never harmed her.

On Oct. 13, the third interview was conducted. Investigators confronted Printz with new evidence about Suttles’ disappearance. Printz eventually said he wanted to fully disclose his “sins,” acknowledging he would likely spend the rest of his life in prison.

He said he wanted to “purge himself” of details that law enforcement wasn’t even aware of.

He claimed he “hypothetically” assisted a close friend with the euthanasia of a family member. He stated, “that is one body.”

The friend then had feelings of remorse and was going to “tell” — Printz described the friend as the “second body.” He went on to tell investigators that another friend he was trying to help also ended up dead.

Additionally, he described an incident in which someone tried to rob him, but the robbery “did not work out well for [the robber].” He said that after the attempted robbery, he drove to a rural area and disposed of the body.

When asked about Suttles’ disappearance, Printz declined to give details without a lawyer.

He stated he could take law enforcement to the location of Suttles “within three feet” of her body.

Investigators found the body of Edna Suttles around 10:00 a.m. Monday in a wooded area off of Harris Holly Springs Road in Rutherfordton, North Carolina.

This case is under investigation by the Greenville County Sheriff’s Office, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of South Carolina and the 13th circuit solicitor’s office.