COWPENS, S.C. (WSPA) – A fire broke out at a recycling facility in Cowpens Friday afternoon.
The fire broke out at A&E Recycling on Foster Street and Edgewood Drive around 3:30 p.m.
Multiple fire departments responded to the scene.
Foster Street is closed in the area while crews work to put out the fire.
Spartanburg School District 3 said 90 students were bused from Cowpens Elementary School, located adjacent to the recycling facility, to the former Cowpens Middle School for safety and to make it easier for pickup.
We will update this story as more information becomes available.