BUNCOMBE COUNTY, N.C. (WSPA) – A fugitive with more than 20 warrants is now facing drug trafficking charges after being arrested on Monday.
According to the sheriff’s office, deputies arrested 42-year-old Ronald Lee Peak of Hendersonville.
Peak had more than 20 open warrants for his arrest on charges out of Henderson, Haywood and Buncombe County.
Upon his arrest, Peak was found to be in possession of trafficking quantities of methamphetamine and fentanyl and also in possession of 3.8 grams of cocaine.
Agents with the Buncombe County Sheriff’s Office charged Peak with the following felonies charges:
- trafficking fentanyl
- manufacture/sell/deliver/possess controlled substance within 1000 feet of school – fentanyl
- trafficking methamphetamine
- manufacture/sell/deliver/possess controlled substance within 1000 feet of school – methamphetamine
- possession with intent to manufacture/sell/deliver schedule I
- possession with intent to manufacture/sell/deliver schedule II
Peak is being held at the Buncombe County Detention Center on a $1,026,000 bond.