BUNCOMBE COUNTY, N.C. (WSPA) – A man is facing multiple charges Thursday afternoon after deputies seized drugs and guns in Buncombe County.
According to the Buncombe County Sheriff’s Office, deputies arrested Artise Cortney James, 44, of Arden, after a months-long drug trafficking investigation.
During the course of the investigation, deputies recovered 1.845 pounds of methamphetamine, 1.105 pounds of marijuana, four guns and various drug paraphernalia items.
The investigation began after the sheriff’s office received several community complaints regarding James selling large quantities of methamphetamine in areas of Asheville and Buncombe County.
James was arrested and charged with the following:
- trafficking methamphetamine
- possession with intent to manufacture/sell/deliver schedule ii controlled substances
- felony possession marijuana
- maintaining a dwelling for controlled substances
- manufacture/sell/deliver controlled substances within 1,000 feet of a school
- possession stolen firearm
- possession firearm by felon
- possession of drug paraphernalia
James is currently being held in the Buncombe County Detention Center on a $500,000 bond.