SPARTANBURG, S.C. (WSPA) — Wofford College’s campus now has electric scooters available for trips across campus and trips to downtown Spartanburg.
In May, Spartanburg became the first city in South Carolina and the 11th location nationwide to receive a fleet of Blue Duck scooters.
Wofford College is the fifth college campus in the United States to have an agreement with the e-scooter company.
Blue Duck and Wofford hosted a launch party on Tuesday, which included free rides, giveaways, scooter demonstrations and a group rides. People in the campus community could get a $5 credit from Tuesday, Oct. 12 through Sunday, Oct. 17.
Scooters will be available for rent from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. seven days a week.
Here’s what you need to know before you ride:
- Users will need to download the Blue Duck app to locate and unlock scooters near them.
- An online safety tutorial must be completed before riding. The app also has a map of eligible rideable locations in Spartanburg.
- Blue Duck scooters are $1.25 to unlock and $0.30 per minute after.
- All riders must be 18 years or older, yield to pedestrians and obey and follow all rules of the road.
- The scooters are equipped with GPS technology that allows Blue Duck to restrict riding or parking in areas that are not permitted.