ANDERSON COUNTY, S.C. (WSPA) – Residents were rescued from a house fire Tuesday afternoon in Anderson County.

According to the Anderson County Fire Department, firefighters responded at 1:03 p.m. to a house in the 200 block of Maple Drive for a fire with someone trapped.

Once on the scene, firefighters were able to get the people out of the house. The fire department did not say how many people were in the house at the time of the fire.

Firefighters said the cause of the fire came from the homeowner burning boxes outside of the residence.

The fire got out of control causing the back porch to catch fire, which led to the house.

We will update this story as more information becomes available.