SPARTANBURG, S.C. (WSPA) – Spartanburg Police Department officials responded to a scene Wednesday afternoon at a grocery store parking lot.
At about 1:30 p.m., officers were on scene in the Ingles parking lot on Pine Street in Spartanburg.
According to Spartanburg Police, a homeless man died of what appears to be an overdose or natural death. They don’t suspect foul play, but can’t completely rule it out because it looks like he’d been in his car for some time.
Police say it’s an ongoing investigation, but they do not believe there is any sort of danger to the public.