SPARTANBURG COUNTY, S.C. (WSPA) – 17 people were arrested and 22 people were wanted following a drug round-up in Spartanburg County.
The Spartanburg County Sheriff’s Office identified 39 people who were selling fentanyl, methamphetamine, marijuana and heroin during a year-long investigation.
“A lot of times when we get one person, you can get three to four more with that if you just be a little patient, and that’s what we’ve been trying to do,” said Sheriff Wright.
According to the sheriff’s office, the following 17 suspects of the suspects were arrested and charged:
- Dwayne Atchison was charged with trafficking heroin
- Gerald Day was charged with possession with intent to distribute meth
- Khamphong Keomanee was charged with trafficking meth within half of a mile of a park and trafficking meth in between 28-100 grams.
- Katherine Massey was charged with possession with intent to distribute meth, possession of a schedule II narcotic, possession with intent to distribute heroin and possession with intent to distribute within half-mile of a park.
- Willie Mullins was charged with distributing crack.
- Terry Shippy was charged with possession of meth.
- Michael Collins was charged with distributing meth.
- Christopher Junkins was charged with distributing marijuana, distributing within half-mile of a school and distributing imitation controlled substances.
- Sierra Obryant was charged with possession of meth, possession of fentanyl and possession of heroin.
- Catherine Turner was charged with possession of meth and possession of a scheduled II narcotic.
- Glenn Fields was charged with possession with intent to distribute marijuana.
- Luciano Gonzalez was charged with distributing meth.
- Samuel Pearson was charged with trafficking meth within 10-28 grams.
- Michael Donald was charged with trafficking meth.
- Ronald Brewer was charged with possession of meth.
- Edward Hudson was charged with possession with intent to distribute meth.
- James Moates Jr. was charged with possession with intent to distribute meth, possession of a controlled IV substance and unlawful possession of a firearm.
Sheriff Wright said they can’t control how long people stay behind bars, but the ones arrested are off the streets for now.
“I hear people talking all the time about how quickly they get in and out of jail, you know, that’s not our fault. Our job is to put them in jail, do the investigation, listen to our complaints,” said Sheriff Wright.
Sheriff Wright said the majority of suspects are wanted for methamphetamine.
“We as a community and a society, we’re going to have to do a lot better job of um, we just gotta do better,” he said.
The following people are still wanted on drug charges by the sheriff’s office:
- Miguel Booker
- Travis Cox
- Anthony Edwards
- Autumn Gossett
- Shirley Hart
- Jaylan Jeter
- Neiesha Otero-Diaz
- Morgane Simard
- Alvin Tiswell
- Jessica Torres-Deseano
- Michael Williams
- Christian Abrams
- Isaiah Hill
- Michael Motts
- Ashley Rowell
- Willie Smith
- Elizabeth Walker
- Deshawn Wright
- Warnille Barnett
- Jeffery Jefferson
- Paige Krass
- Jamarcus Simuel
Out of the 39 people named, 22 people are still wanted by the sheriff’s office.
“They’re at-large and I don’t know if anybody is really running from us, they, we just can’t find them because a lot of times, when you’re dealing drugs, you’ve got 10 or 12 places you can be in one day,” said Sheriff Wright.
Deputies are still actively searching to find the wanted suspects.
“We’re just scratching the surface with these, right here. There’s plenty more and we’re going to try to get them,” he said.
Sheriff Wright said as summer approaches, he wants people to have a safe summer, free of drugs.
“If your face isn’t up here and you’re dealing drugs, don’t think you’ve gotten away with it just yet,” he said.
Anyone with information about the whereabouts of the people mentioned above is asked to contact the Spartanburg County Sheriff’s Office.