SPARTANBURG, SC (WSPA) - A Spartanburg man has been sentenced to life in prison without parole for the murder of a Cowpens teen in 2017, according to the solicitor's office.
21-year-old Devin Zachary Elijah Ruttle was found guilty of the murder after a four-day trial.
Ruttle shot 18-year-old Dalton Moore to death on May 5, 2018 in the parking lot of the Cowpens Recreation Center.
Witnesses at the scene described the suspect's vehicle and clothing after fleeing the scene.
Deputies found the car a short time later and arrested Ruttle and 19-year-old Lorenzo Guillarmo Daniel Calderon.
Calderon was previously found guilty of accessory after the fact of murder and was sentenced to 15 years in prison suspended to 5 years in prison and 5 years of probation.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Iran's foreign minister on Twitter says gunmen who attacked military parade were armed, recruited by
- Trump picks combat over caution in court fight
- Semi-official Tasnim news agency says at least 8 Revolutionary Guard members killed in attack on
- Iran's state-run IRNA news agency says 20 wounded in attack on military parade in Ahvaz