Man killed in house fire in Anderson Co.

News

ANDERSON CO., SC (WSPA) – A man has died after a house fire in Anderson County.

Homeland Park and Starr fire departments responded to the fire on Shawnee Avenue shortly before 10:30 p.m. Wednesday.

Officials say the victim, 62-year-old Roger Grubbs, died of smoke inhalation.

The fire is believed to have been started by a cigarette in the living room of the home.

No one else was hurt in the fire.

The deadly fire was one of numerous house fires across the Upstate amid frigid temperatures.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Mascot Challenge
High School RedZone
Star of the Week
Black and Blue Kickoff Live
Pro Football Challenge
Destination Vacation
Find A Job
Greenville Triumph Game
wspa news app free for download choose your store below
download the wspa news app from the apple app store
download the wspa news app from the google play store

Trending Stories