(WSPA) – The FBI is asking for the public’s help in identifying a man who has reportedly robbed at least seven banks in six states since Dec. 28, 2018.
According to the release, the suspect — dubbed the “Traveling Bandit” — has allegedly robbed the following banks:
- Capital Bank in Aventura, Fla. on Friday, Dec. 28, 2018 at approximately 3:20 p.m.
- SunTrust Bank in Asheville, NC on Wed., Jan. 2 at approximately 1 p.m.
- Mountain Commerce Bank in Johnson City, TN on Friday, Jan. 4 at approximately 3 p.m.
- US Bank in Mt. Juliet, TN on Tues., Jan. 8 at approximately 12:50 p.m.
- TrustMark Bank in Prattville, AL on Thurs., Jan. 10 at approximately 9:40 p.m.
- 5th 3rd Bank in Mt. Vernon, IL on Monday, Jan. 14 at approximately 4:50 p.m.
- Wells Fargo Bank in Price Branch, Utah on Thurs., Jan. 17 at approximately 4 p.m.
No injuries were reported during any of the bank robberies.
FBI officials said the man typically approaches the bank counter and presents a note demanding money, and displays a weapon before leaving the bank.
According to the release, the man may be driving a white Ford Explorer or Expedition.
Anyone with information is asked to call 754-703-2000 or call your local police or nearest FBI Field Office. You can also submit a tip online at https://tips.fbi.gov.