(WSPA) – FBI officials announced Thursday that a man who has reportedly robbed at least seven banks in six states since Dec. 28, 2018, including one in Asheville, has been captured.
According to an FBI news release, Jason Lee Robinson, 49, of Pikeville, KY, was arrested on federal bank robbery charges for his role in the robbery at Capital Bank in Aventura, FL.
He was arrested Thursday morning in Fruita, Colorado by FBI agents in the Denver Field Office.
Robinson is being identified as the “Traveling Bandit,” a man who is wanted for multiple bank robberies across the country, including:
- Capital Bank in Aventura, Fla. on Friday, Dec. 28, 2018 at approximately 3:20 p.m.
- SunTrust Bank in Asheville, NC on Wed., Jan. 2 at approximately 1 p.m.
- Mountain Commerce Bank in Johnson City, TN on Friday, Jan. 4 at approximately 3 p.m.
- US Bank in Mt. Juliet, TN on Tues., Jan. 8 at approximately 12:50 p.m.
- TrustMark Bank in Prattville, AL on Thurs., Jan. 10 at approximately 9:40 p.m.
- 5th 3rd Bank in Mt. Vernon, IL on Monday, Jan. 14 at approximately 4:50 p.m.
- Wells Fargo Bank in Price Branch, Utah on Thurs., Jan. 17 at approximately 4 p.m.
Asheville Police Department, Aventura Police Department, Mt. Juliet Police Department, Mt. Vernon Police Department, Prattville Police Department, Price Police Department, the South Florida Violent Crime Task Force and the FBI are still investigating these armed robberies at this time.
Robinson is in federal custody at this time.