COLUMBIA, SC (WBTW) — South Carolina Governor Henry McMaster has ordered the flags atop the Statehouse to lower to half-staff on Sunday in honor of the passing of actor Chadwick Boseman.
McMaster announced the decision in a tweet on Saturday, saying, “To honor the life, contributions, and memory of a truly extraordinary son of South Carolina, Chadwick Boseman, I have ordered the flags atop the Statehouse to be lowered to half-staff tomorrow, Sunday, August 30, 2020, from sunrise to sunset.”
In a follow-up tweet, McMaster said that the two flags will be removed at sunset and will be presented to Boseman’s family at the appropriate time.
- Person injured after police car drives through crowd at race in Tacoma
- Meet Kamala, the dog with no nose rescued after inauguration
- Man dies after being trapped in machine at Spartanburg business
- NC community starts ‘Adopt-an-Officer’ program in honor of late Officer Tyler Herndon
- ‘Million-dollar’ cities surging, despite pandemic