ANDERSON COUNTY, SC (WSPA) – Meals on Wheels-Anderson and Southern Way Catering will be providing free meals to senior citizen throughout the county this week.
According to the release, the organizations are expecting to provide 5,000 meals a week to seniors in the Anderson County area.
Funding for the initiative is being provided by a soon to be announced donor.
The organizations will be handing out meals this week at the following locations:
- Tuesday, April 28 – 10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.- Anderson Civic Center, 3027 Martin Luther King, Jr., Blvd., Anderson
- Tuesday, April 28 – 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.- Pendleton First Baptist Church, 351 S. Broad St., Pendleton
- Thursday, April 30 – 10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. – Homeland Park Water Company, 3221 D L Drive, Anderson
- Thursday, April 30 – 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. – Piedmont Shopping Center, 900 block of Anderson Road, Powdersville
- Saturday, May 2 – 10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. – Belton Honea Path High School, 11000 Belton Honea Path Highway, Honea Path
- Satuday, May 2 – 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. – Iva Town Square, 103 E. Jackson St., Iva
To pick up a meal at the locations listed above, you must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a senior citizen (60+) or must be taking the meal to a senior citizen and be a resident of Anderson County
- Must provide name, address, and phone number at pick-up
- Only two meal packs allowed per car (10 individual meals)
- Individuals are only permitted one pick-up per week
- Each individual must show a state issued ID. If you are picking up a meal for a senior resident, please have their ID with you.