SPARTANBURG CO., SC (WSPA) - Authorities arrested 36 people, including non-compliant sex offenders, fugitives and others accused of probation violations in Spartanburg County.
The round up - called "Operation Spartanburg" - was carried out by the U.S. Marshals Service, S.C. Department of Probation, Parole and Pardon Services (SC PPP) and the Spartanburg County Sheriff's Office.
The U.S. Marshals Service said in a news release that non-compliant sex offenders, SC PPP violators, and fugitives wanted on felony warrants were arrested.
Three sex offenders accused of violating court-ordered requirements were arrested during the planning stage of the operation. Authorities made 27 more arrests on June 28.
Six suspects surrendered to the sheriff's office after learning they were wanted on charges.
A total of 36 people were arrested, and 51 warrants were issued during the operation.
“Operation Spartanburg was a tremendous success, and has proven again how effective law enforcement partnerships benefit our communities,” US Marshal Tom Griffin for the District of South Carolina said in a statement. “Sex-offenders are given the opportunity to start over in society, but if they violate their court ordered requirements the US Marshals are ready to assist in locating these individuals and bring them back for court proceedings.”
See the gallery of those arrested during "Operation Spartanburg" below:
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- SC trooper stabbed in Cherokee Co. after chase, suspect arrested
- Two men stabbed over takeout food order dispute
- Study shows climate change could affect beer consumption, prices
- Fmr. Campobello mayor who died remembered for service