MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WBTW) – A woman has been charged after she and her daughter tested positive for drugs, according to a warrant from the Myrtle Beach Police Department.
The warrant states Sarah Danielle Hemingway is charged with “Children/Legal custodian, unlawful neglect of child or helpless person.”
On February 11, Myrtle Beach police officers responded in reference to a report of child neglect and learned the child was removed from her home after testing positive for marijuana and cocaine, according to the warrant. Hemingway also allegedly tested positive for marijuana and cocaine.
The test results were reported to Myrtle Beach police by a DSS case worker, the warrant states.
Hemingway, 19, was booked in to the Myrtle Beach jail around 7:15 a.m. Thursday, according to booking records.
- Pres. Trump takes on social media outlets with an executive order
- Violent protests over Floyd death spread beyond Minneapolis
- USC announces plan to require face masks on main campus, upstate colleges discuss their plans
- Stranded in paradise: Hundreds of sailors stuck in Pacific
- National Guard called to respond to Minneapolis violence