(CNN & WIAT) Thermometers are hard to come by these days, and it could get worse.
Thermometer manufacturers and distributors say the devices were already in high demand earlier this year when health care providers started ordering more to scan COVID-19 patients. But now, companies who will require temperature checks are also buying the devices in mass bundles.
Marc Blustein, CEO of American Diagnostic Corporation, one of the nation’s largest thermometer manufacturers, said demand is up 900% for his company’s “non-contact” thermometers.
Multiple medical suppliers said the added customers have put a strain on the thermometer supply chain because they simply can not make enough right now.
- Mexican president says ex-oil chief has offered to talk
- Prosecutors seek Friday court appearance for Epstein pal
- Authorities still seeking answers after 2 are left dead in Greenville shooting
- Harvick takes advantage of Hamlin’s crash to win Brickyard
- 7-year-old among 13 killed in weekend shootings in Chicago