CINCINNATI, OH (WTRF) — Hourly front line heroes at Kroger are set to receive a special ‘Thank You Pay’ bonus for their commitment to maintaining clean and safe stores during the coronavirus pandemic.
Qualified full-time employees will receive $400 and qualified part-time associates will receive $200, which will be paid out in two installations on May 30 and June 18.
Our associates have been instrumental in feeding America while also helping to flatten the curve during the initial phases of the pandemic. To recognize and thank our associates for their incredible work during this historic time, we offered special pay in March, April and May.Rodney McMullen, Kroger chairman/CEO
Kroger has also decided to extend their COVID-19 Emergency Leave, which paid employees directly affected by the virus.
We want our associates to continue to feel supported in prioritizing their health. Our associates should only be working if they are healthy and symptom free. By continuing paid emergency leave, our associates most directly affected by the virus or experiencing related symptoms should feel supported in staying home, promoting a safer environment to work and shop in.Tim Massa, Kroger’s senior vice president/chief people officer
- Housing grant from TD bank aimed to help families displaced by pandemic
- Clemson comes back to beat Notre Dame in second round of ACC Women’s Basketball Tournament, 68-63
- Teacher had to lock sub out of Florida classroom after he attacked students, police say
- Greenville County Schools will go to eLearning for two days during employee vaccination clinics
- Major League Baseball to hold first Lou Gehrig Day on June 2