MORGANTON, N.C. (FOX 46 CHARLOTTE) – A 26-year-old woman was arrested Wednesday after allegations of sexual abuse with a child in foster care, according to the Burke County Sheriff’s Office.
Authorities said Mary Caroline Brown was arrested without incident and charged with felony sex act by substitute parent. She was issued a $100,000 bond.
The Sheriff’s Office said it received a report on Monday from the NC Department of Health and Human Services-Child Protection Services with allegations of the crime, prompting the investigation.
LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX 46 CHARLOTTE
- Delta plans to return 400 pilots to active flying by summer
- Cactus League asks MLB to delay spring training due to COVID
- Suspect in First Citizens Bank robbery in Spartanburg arrested by U.S. Marshals in W. Va.
- Couple found dead in apparent murder-suicide in Rutherford Co. home
- COVID-19 vaccinations have fallen on hospitals without ‘clear and consistent plan,’ NC Healthcare Association says